Thursday, December 18, 2008

colors and the kids

I was collecting reference pictures for my drawings and listening to a live Cat Power recording. So appropriately the song "Colors and the Kids" came on. I had heard this song before but it never really grabbed me, until that moment. It was so perfect and I realized yes perfection comes with a price, that price being Beauty.




It's so hard to go in the city
'Cause you wanna say hello to everybody
It's so hard to go into the city
'Cause you wanna say hey I love you to everybody
When we were teenagers we wanted to be the sky
Now all we wanna do is go to red places
And try to stay outta hell

It must be the colors
And the kids
That keep me alive
'Cause the music is boring me to death

it must just be the colors
And it must just be the kids
That keep me alive on this January night.

No comments: