Thursday, January 29, 2009

Nijinsky as an economist

Finally I got my hands on Nijinsky's diary. Last night long after I put down the book I was not able to silence my own thoughts provoked by his writing. It had a lot to do with questioning pondering my own "sanity" but this is not the forum for such questions and musing.

This however is the right forum to share what I love and at times make absurd connection I personally find to not be so absurd.

In the light of today's economic climate I found this particular thought of Nijinsky fantastic, brilliant and true-

Photobucket


...I know what is needed to astonish an audience, and therefore I am sure to succeed. Do you want to bet that I will have millions? I want to have millions in order to make the Stock Exchange crash. I want to ruin the Stock Exchange. I hate the Stock Exchange. The Stock Exchange is a brothel. I am not a brothel. I am life, and life is love for people. The Stock Exchange is death. The Stock Exchange robs poor people, who bring all the money they have in order to increase it, in the hope of achieving their goals in life. I love the poor and will therefore gamble on the Stock Exchange in order to beat the stockbrokers. Stockbrokers are all men who gamble on the Stock Exchange with vast sums. Vast sums are death, and therefore sums are not God.

2 comments:

Kearby said...

Have you seen the movie, A Fine Madness?

Michelle said...

I haven't, but it sounds interesting. Am going to have to look into it. Thanks!