Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The funniest thing

The drive wasn't so pleasant
but not the worst.
The torrential rain pour
swallowing city skyscrapers,
there's some charm in that.

There's nothing to wait for
I wasn't waiting
or standing still.
It didn't pass me buy
or slip right through my fingers.

There's no rhetorical question
or metaphorical musing.

The sky's the strangest color tonight.
The puddle, always on the left side,
I climb through, right foot first.
The gravel wet turns a shade darker
like coming home an hour too late.

The blanket reminded me of another time,
there was nothing to dream that night.
There was no point in turning around
so I faced the wall all night.
But come on,
we've known this all along.

You probably don't know the part
where he says exactly the thing I would say.
But it's so charming, I hope you catch it.

It was the funniest thing,
the crooked streets and no one else to see it.


6/16/2009

No comments: