Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Yes, please learn to draw

As someone who's spent multiple 5+ hour sessions on making one single pencil drawing of a cup (with no handle, only after the cup with no handle was mastered did I move onto one with a handle) under the scrutiny of a very intense and at times scary art instructor and spent at least one day a week at the Art Institute of Chicago soaking in the old Masters while I was in school, I have a great appreciation and respect for technical ability and discipline in art. A much greater appreciation than most in this time and age.


I have to say this is a pretty cute advertising idea from London College of Communication. I'm not much impressed by the actual design of the sticker, nor do I know anything about this school. However, I would LOVE a stack of these stickers on me at all times, but just the arrow that reads "Learn To Draw." You'd see this sticker ALL over Chicago (and all the other places I get my little feet to land on) on the streets, inside coffee shops and even "galleries." I suppose any art, even bad art, is better than no art. Wait actually no, I don't think so, at all. Sorry.


Photobucket


Photobucket

No comments: