Monday, April 27, 2009

Bat

Park Chan Wook's (most notably of The Vengeance Trilogy including "Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance," "Oldboy," "Sympathy for Lady Vengeance") new film "Thirst" is going to Cannes. This means it's getting closer and closer to release time. I've been waiting on a subtitled trailer to share but I can't hold back anymore. Even if you don't understand, you will understand.



This "Twilight" bullshit phenomenon has tainted the vampire genre and I hope people won't say silly things like this movie is riding on the coat tails of those movies or is "just another vampire" themed movie. To be honest, I've never cared for "vampire" movies scary nor campy which these films tend to fall under. Then I saw "Let the Right One In" which was the most beautiful film of 2008 and I've realized, you can do vampire right. SO, so, so right. And I have no doubt Park Chan Wook will do this so, so, so right.

1 comment:

Kearby said...

I recently saw Let The Right One In and I was so disappointed that it was over. I wanted it to go on and on.