Thursday, April 23, 2009

Treeless Mountain

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


"Treeless Mountain" is a Korean film directed by So-yong Kim about two sister's summer while their mother leaves them in search of their father. She tells them by the time their piggy bank is full, she'll be back. It's a story of the two little girls figuring out life with all its confusions and unfamiliar offerings, but doing so determined and earnestly. From the clips and the trailer I'm certain it's going to be heartbreaking, but even more so triumphant and wise.

I came across this film on NPR and you can read the review here.



Such quiet narrative, I love the naturalness of it all, from the visuals to the acting. Nothing seems forced, it just is. I love that.

It's got such limited release but I'll make sure to get my hands on it when I can. Again, if you know me, you understand children mean everything to me, especially in Art, especially in Life. They teach me everything.

No comments: