Saturday, April 4, 2009

Dead Man's Bones

Dead Man's Bones is two man band composed of actors Ryan Gosling and Zach Shields (I don't know who Zach is either...) I had heard and seen the video for the song "In the Room Where you Sleep" quite awhile ago. Though I enjoyed it, it didn't grab me.

Then today I came across another song, and a video, for "Name in Stone." And it is fantastic. The song and the video both.

I appreciate the feel, the mood, the theatrics of this band. I love that they do so well carrying the somber, haunting, dramatic yet whimsical mood through every aspects of the band experience. From the sound, to visuals, to names (the band name and song names.) And of course I love that children play a part in the music.

I raise my flag out into your heart you let the winds come tear it apart


DEAD MAN'S BONES - "NAME IN STONE" from biz3 publicity on Vimeo

No comments: