Monday, February 11, 2008

What's cookin' good lookin'?

Easy Tasty "Asian" Shrimpie (or Chicken-lickin' or Tofuliciou) Stir-Fry

Not being in my own kitchen and having limited pantry items and spices has forced me to use unconventional ingredients to cook foods and create the taste that I like. Here's a recent meal I cooked after surveying what I had available.

I call it "Asian" because it tastes like Asian food but the only actual Asian ingredient is just a tablespoon of soy sauce. I'm using shrimp because I personally love it, but you can also use either chicken or firm tofu as well. This is not an actual recipe, I rarely write them down or work from one. But if anyone would like a recipe I can certainly figure it out (specific amounts, cooking time, etc.) E-mail if interested to- ArtFondaLee@gmail.com

Now onto the cooking-

Photobucket
shrimp marinade:
tapatio, or other hot sauce, balsamic vinaigrette, garlic, jalapeno (optional)


Photobucket
marinate for 10-15 minutes (longer for chicken, less for tofu)


Photobucket
stir fry ingredients:
soy sauce, brown sugar, red wine, veggies


Photobucket
over medium heat sautee garlic in oil


Photobucket
add shrimp


Photobucket
add veggies (pour in rest of the shrimp marinade)


Photobucket
add cooked rice (pour in stir fry sauce ingredients)


Photobucket
plate (remember- we eat with our eyes and mouth!)


Photobucket
enjoy!

No comments: