Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Hush now...


Black Nielson- Love Song To Chan Marshall


I absolutely loved this song and the video when I first heard/saw it. The band, Black Nielson, has been broken up since 2005 so the band itself I suppose is no longer very relevant. However, could a "Love Song To Chan Marshall" ever be irrelevant?

I am not sure what it is about my recent rekindled obsession with Chan Marshall. I could always cite one of my favorite quotes, "beauty inspires obsession." I guess it was the dream. She was a complete bitch in it to me, which well a girl likes. I guess it's seeing her soon (although had it not been the dream I would not have bought the tickets.) I guess it's, needing something like her. Something that tugs, that moves, that puzzles, that intrigues, that punches your half asleep Passion right in the face and says "hey, you see this?" "Yeah, wake up." It's that whole fine line between 'do you want this person or do you really just want to be this person?' My answer obviously is both.


Cat Power- Lost Someone (Live)


I think painting any sort of celebrity or a famous person (some could argue Chan is or is not, but she clearly is a known person) is very embarrassing (yes, painting political figures was painful hence.) Which is a shame. Really I just want to paint her and give it to her before the show so she would love me forever. (Dork!)

No comments: