Thursday, January 31, 2008

Chan, why you so mad?

(UPDATE- I just bought tickets for the show. I am a sucker for beautiful music and officially fucking excited.)

Speaking of Cat Power, two nights ago Chan Marshall was in my dream. She was a friend of a friends and I was trying to be really respectable. I didn't even think to ask for free tickets to her show (that was happening later on) but she offered me a secret password I could say at the show to get me and +1 in for free. But I kept forgetting what the word was so I had to ask her again and again. By the 5th time I apologetically told her I didn't quite get the word she said to my friend "what's wrong with your fuckin friend" and stopped talking to me.

She is playing in LA before I leave at the Wiltern, but I haven't checked to see if tickets are still available and secretly hoping it's sold out because I can't, well shouldn't afford it. Which is really sad. I should just buy tickets and not eat for a few days because I know it would be well worth it. Also her new CD Juke Box was release on the 22nd. I need to get my hands on that ASAP as well.

She is, of the "celebrity" type, probably the epitome of beauty to me in every single way... crazy (minus the substances now,) beautiful, talented. Best of all the worlds. A Chanel couture song bird, is a dream, the most beautiful dream.


FEBRUARY

6 New York, NY Terminal 5
7 Boston, MA Orpheum Theatre
8 Philadelphia, PA Starlight Ballroom
9 Toronto, ON Kool Haus
10 Chicago, IL Vic
11 Minneapolis, MN First Avenue
29 Los Angeles, CA Wiltern Theater

MARCH

7 Cairns, AU Tanks Arts Centre
8 Brisbane, AU The Tivoli
9 Sydney, AU Enmore theatre
10 Adelaide, AU The Gov
12 Castlemaine, AU Theatre Royal
13 Melbourne, AU The Forum


No comments: