Sunday, January 20, 2008

Places You'll Go

Fecal Face is a website I've been going to for awhile and I check often. Unfortunately the updates on the New Feature (my favorite) section are not as frequent as I check up but thankfully there's always something to explore on the site. They have really good artist interviews that ask in depth to light hearted questions which I think often let you really understand the artist better than anything else. The content is mostly artists, art in the Bay Area, but it also includes other parts of California.

On a side note, I've few times typed in fecalmatter.com instead of fecalface.com. Thankfully I always caught my mistake before hitting enter. Repeat, thankfully. I've yet to have the guts to see what the other site is, which I'm sure exists. Let me know if anyone finds out.

Right now the New Feature is a dialogue with front man of Devo, Mark Mothersbaugh, on art, music, and of course, Devo!

Photobucket


"So much of the world is petty and nondescript and repulsive; people are angry and garish, frightened and obsessed with triviality. But then sometimes, rarely, things happen and events push us to be better than we were before. Some of us can look at the world and see what's wrong and what's right. Or even just see the essential absurdity and arbitrariness of all of it. And what do you do when you can no longer ignore the absurdity? You point it out. You make fun of it. And maybe things will be slightly less absurd and ugly than they were before."

Fecal Face website

No comments: