Tuesday, January 22, 2008

What do you want to be when you grow up?

Fireman, teacher, mom, a mushroom, spider man?

I was thinking about people, then about jobs, career choices, and I wondered what everyone wanted to be when they were little. When you dream about being big, when you know in your little heart you could be anything you want to be. Even a cloud, or a superhero.

I want to do a portrait series. Not want, I'm going to do a portrait series. With this I'll need help. I would greatly appreciate for any, and everyone to send me photographs and tell me what they wanted to be when they grew up. And I will paint a portrait of you as that. This will be an on-going project that I may do for a year, 2, 5, 10. It would be so exciting to one day put together a show with all of these portraits. For now, again I need help.

Please send me 2, 3 good quality photos of you as you are now, put as the title of the e-mail "when I grow up I want to be (whatever you want to be.)" Also include what your favorite toy was growing up. This may, or may not be in the painting but it would be good to have it in case. You can e-mail all of this here- artfondalee@gmail.com

When I was little from what I recall I wanted to be a detective, an artist, a comedian, and of course, Robocop. I'm pretty good at figuring things out. I'm decent at art stuff. I'm pretty damn funny if I don't say so myself. And, well there is still chance for techology before I die to turn myself into a lean-mean crime fighting machine with machine gun arms and stuff. So, my little kid is pretty happy. I hope your little kid is happy too.


Photobucket

doh!

No comments: