Saturday, January 26, 2008

Painter in my pocket

It's a fact- I paint myself a lot, but they're not necessarily "self-portraits." The simple fact is that I am an always available model, and I prefer painting from real life when I can, so I use myself plenty. But every once in awhile, you just gotta do a good old self-portrait. It may not be profound, or pushing anything conceptually or artistically even, but sometimes there is nothing wrong with using art oh so simply to get something off our chests.

It's been an unusual week. What better way to make amends with it then just to paint. Just paint whatever, anything, no thoughts, no worries. So this afternoon I started to paint this.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Self-Portrait with Corn Dog in Los Angeles in Winter

oil on canvas

30 x 30

No comments: